Hey! For any Massachusetts menthol smokers, here’s your chance to get $50 and up to 8 weeks of free nicotine replacement therapy. Quitting smoking just became an even better deal! Add free QuittersWin services (text support, phone coaching, and groups) and quitting gets easier!
MA Smokers’ Helpline Menthol Incentive Program
To support MA residents, particularly those who have been historically and disproportionately targeted by the tobacco and vaping industries, the Massachusetts Smokers’ Helpline is offering an incentive program to residents who use mentholated tobacco products.
Incentive program details:
- Residents will receive $10 after completing the first coaching call, $15 after the second coaching call, and $25 after the third coaching call.
- While the incentive does not continue after the third call, the Helpline offers five free coaching calls, and residents are encouraged and welcome to take advantage of the Helpline’s full offerings.
- If residents enroll online, they must complete coaching calls via telephone to receive the incentive(s).
- This incentive program may be time limited pending utility and availability of funds.
- In addition to the incentive program, up to 8 weeks of free Nicotine Replacement Therapy is also available to residents who speak with a coach (once screened for medical eligibility).
- NOTE: During the first intake call, be sure to mention that you smoke menthols when they ask what kind of tobacco you use!
To access the MA Smokers’ Helpline, MA residents can:
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1 800 784 8669) and be sure to mention that you smoke menthols when they ask what kind of tobacco you use!
- Enroll online (www.makesmokinghistory.org/quit-now and be sure to mention that you smoke menthols when they ask what kind of tobacco you use!
- Be referred to the Helpline or by a healthcare, behavioral health provider, or social service provider (QUITWORKS, accessed via http://makesmokinghistory.org/quit-now/for-providers/)